Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Tagua Nut Advice Sought

On Mon, 22 May 2006 09:08:12 -0400, "TonyM" tonym.le(atsymbol)comcast.net
wrote:

George,
It also helps to bring up the tailstock until you have the nut roughed out.
Tony Manella

Now that you mention that, Tony... you sparked a memory that a senior moment had
blocked..

When I'm gluing something to a scrap block, or in this case a dowel, I do it in
place... hold the block in the chuck or between centers and use the tail stock
as a clamp to keep pressure on the adhesive...
I've found that a bit of clamping gives me a little better feeling about even a
CA joint...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis