Posted to rec.woodworking
Art Greenberg

Default NewsProxy (nfilter) Filter Settings?

On Mon, 22 May 2006 15:06:16 -0000, Robert Bonomi wrote:

From examining the nFilter source-code and having confirmed what Supernews
_now_ does for various NNTP commands, I can state it _should_ work just
fine. 'trn' killfiles _do_ work on the gubbage, using the Path header.
Can't test from Windows, only my unix server lives in the right
address-space.

No joy, yet. I've configured slrn to connect to "localhost", and I have
nfilter running with Doug's filter file. slrn does authenticate properly, and
I can get the list of groups OK. But it seems to take forever to get the
initial article list from any group (forever as in nothing after 3 hours, so I
killed it). I _know_ I had that much working before, it just didn't filter at
all. I'll report back later if I can get this working. I'm _sure_ its
something really dumb that I've got wrong.

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net