Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Looking for floor cover/mat ideas

We're hoping that our new house will be finished in a few months and I'm sort of
planning my shop..

My 1st priority before moving stuff in is protecting the floor, which will be
ceramic tile... not sure yet if they're using 9 or 12" tiles, we pick these out
next weekend..

Two goals in mind:

1.. protect the tile from dropped tools, machines being rolled around shop,
etc....

2.. some cushion for walking and ability to roll lathes and saws around without
bogging them down..

I'll use as many anti-fatiage mats as needed, but only at needed areas since I
have the kind that are supposed to link together... they never seem to stay
linked, especially when you're rolling tools around..

My wife is thinking indoor-outdoor carpet but i'm not sure how sweepable or
vacuumable that would be...

Any suggestions??
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis