Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

Default NewsProxy (nfilter) Filter Settings?

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , -
bonomi.com says...
In article ,
Leuf wrote:

Is there a list someone of pay newsfeeds that do have these fields in
the overview?

Supernews now has _every_ header available for use by filters. Thats
new with them -- it's been in place for about 2 weeks.

Very cool -- now is there someone here who has both a Supernews account,
*and* a copy of Nfilter installed, who can confirm the ability to filter
these gibberish posts on Path and/or NNTP-Posting-Host?

From examining the nFilter source-code and having confirmed what Supernews
_now_ does for various NNTP commands, I can state it _should_ work just
fine. 'trn' killfiles _do_ work on the gubbage, using the Path header.
Can't test from Windows, only my unix server lives in the right address-space.