Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Removing wallpaper border from painted (vinyl?) wallpaper

Robert Campbell wrote:
My study used to be the previous owner's toddler's room, and is cosily
decorated, except for the Winnie the Pooh border right around the
middle of it. Any ideas on the best way to get this off without
damaging the wallpaper underneath? It's painted a colour I quite
like, and seems to be some sort of emossed patterned vinyl (but it
might just be paper). I've tried gently peeling the border off, but
it leaves bits behind. I've checked the archives, but can't find
anything specific about this. Ta!
Robert

Impossible,however have you thought about painting it a complimentry colour
to the main colour?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite