Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Design for built in bedroom cupboard.

Hi,

I want to make a built-in type bedroom cupboard in a corner of a
bedroom. I've not done much woodworking before so I hoped that
somebody here would give me some ideas on how it could be done.

The cupboard should go in a corner and span an area up to a small
chimney breast. Ideally I wish to hide the chimney breast by putting
bookshelves in front of it and edging it with something that matches
the cupboard.

Now: After:
--------+ +----------------+ --------+ +----------------+
| | | | | |
+------+ | |------| Cupboard |
| | Books| |
| +----Doors-------+

Can anyone help with ideas for the design detail and suggest some
materials? The whole thing could be white in colour and I don't
want to spend much on this ;-) The cupboard will have shelves used
for storing children's toys.

If there are any guides on the web with similar projects I would be
very interested. (I did consider buying a B&Q wardrobe but rejected
the idea as I could not find a suitable part for going on the left
on the chimney.)

Thanks for reading this.

Regards,
Mark