Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Barnett

Default Bandsaw, lower bearing guides

Peter Huebner writes:

Ironically, I would've preferred to get rotating disk or block
guides - which is what virtually all the other saws on offer
had. But the Jet's workmanship was a standout - head and shoulders
above all the other Chinese/Taiwanese made saw, so I figured I'd put
up with the ball bearing guides. Little did I know just how much of
a din they can make! Still think I got the best bang for buck, by
the way, the saw is a sweetie in all other respects :-)

I had a similar problem with my Jet, (the bearings were getting
clogged, and stopped moving) and at first I got the bearing upgrades
from Iturra, but then I got the ceramic bearings. Once in a while I
rotate them so the lines wear evenly.