Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Solar water heating and combi boilers

On Sun, 21 May 2006 08:51:20 GMT someone who may be John Stumbles
wrote this:-

In the UK the electricity output will largely tie up with maximum
demand, for example lighting demand is highest on winter nights when
central heating is also turned on.

IIRC the electrical output of a microCHP rig is in the order of kilowatts.
That's a lot of lighting, even without using low-energy lamps.

Indeed, which is why it was an example. However, unless every
building is to have such a plant I doubt if all the plants will
produce more than the total lighting load. Every street light will
not have such a unit.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh