Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Keeping gutters clean?

I had Gutter Helmet on my last house. It did not work. Very expensive but
depends on the pitch of your roof so it is a poor idea. Screens don't work
either.

I've had Leafguard on this house for 9 years and they work great. In the
worse corners you get a little overflow during the heaviest downpours but
the leafguards act like sky slopes and the water lands far from the
foundation if there is an overflow. Figure that leafguard gutters cost 3
times regular gutters. All corners are done by hand and that adds up plus
they recommend oversized downspouts.

"jeffc" wrote in message
OK guys, what works? I've searched a bit, seen things like Gutter Helmet
that look great, but let's face it - if they won't tell you the price
anywhere, you know it has to be damn expensive. Is there an inexpensive
solution that works? I think it would be a lot cheaper to set aside money
to pay someone twice a year to clean your gutters than it would be to buy
some of these solutions. TIA