Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
ameijers

Default an *excellent* toolbox drawer liner, but who made this "mystery" carpet pad (pix posted)

"dave" wrote in message
found some mystery carpet padding I -really- like and want to use to
line my toolbox drawers, ALL of them. who MADE this stuff, anydernway?
searches online can only find the more common 'shredded/rejoined cheap
multi-color sponge types' of carpet padding.

there are good clear closeup pix of this (what I think is) carpet pad
posted at

http://machines.awardspace.com/mystery_carpet_padding/

appears it's made entirely of 'reamalgamated' shredded tires. it's just
over an eighth of an inch thick, mostly black, with occassional flecks
of white...and it's -not- an 'open weave' deal, which I like...

anybody know the brand name and/or source for this stuff? I need like a
hundred or 2 hundred square feet of it, new, or (yes) even USED :-)

Put that horn button back in your VW!

Look up 'rubber matting'. Used for padding for machine operators to stand
on, as vibration isolators, lining Beetle package shelfs under the carpet,
all sorts of things. Any industrial supply or commercial flooring wholesaler
should have several flavors in stock. A similar material is sold in
interlocking squares for locker room floors and skating rink walkway use.
Textured versions are available for doorway mats, but those often have drain
holes punched in them. They even sell a thin version for lining tool boxes.

aem sends....