Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lawrence

Default Musing why we are mum about Maxi's (long & strained)

It'll be interesting to see what the next generation of lathes brings.
We won't need big heavy lathes because there'll be a balancing system
built-in. There'll be better ways to fasten a piece to the lathe than
we have now. Hopefully, we won't be using a system that does away with
hand-held tools. That'll take away some of the fun and skills needed.

I don't know; I think it would be a whole lot of fun watching the robot hog
off the wood exactly to spec while the workpiece sits stationary. You can
hold the microphone in your hand. You know, the one you use to issue
commands to the robot. The best part will be when it sharpens the tools.

- Owen -