Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ecnerwal

Default Musing why we are mum about Maxi's (long & strained)

In article ,
(Arch) wrote:

So what! Why should we care? Few of us could or would afford them

Well, my Faye&Scott (Swinng of about 20", outboard swing 80+ without
digging a hole in the floor) set me back a whopping $250, plus a few
bucks to build a custom sawhorse to help get it in the truck (high
enough to get one set of legs off the bed, slide it in, and get the
other set of legs off, sturdy enough to hold it up), and 10 bucks or so
in quarters to have some student types in need of laundry money give me
a hand with it in and out of the truck. Came with lots of accessories,
too. I do have to oil the bearings, which is not really a big deal; it's
older than you are, Arch, and should be fine long after I'm gone,
barring ownership by idiots.