Posted to austin.general,rec.woodworking,alt.guns
Tracer Bullet

Default Untied 93 ! impossible

wrote:
President Ahmadinejad has been under attack lately. His speech i which
he is alleged to have said wipe israel off the map was translated by
the likes of MEMRI

Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:34:18 -0400 From: "Cole, Juan"

The speech in Persian is he

Sorry that I misremembered the exact phrase Ahmadinejad had used. He
made an analogy to Khomeini's determination and success in getting rid
of the Shah's government, which Khomeini had said "must go" (az bain
bayad berad). Then Ahmadinejad defined Zionism not as an Arabi-Israeli
national struggle but as a Western plot to divide the world of Islam
with Israel as the pivot of this plan.

The phrase he then used as I read it is "The Imam said that this regime
occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from]
from the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)."

Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of
Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up
hope-- that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued
inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah's government.

Whatever this quotation from a decades-old speech of Khomeini may have
meant, Ahmadinejad did not say that "Israel must be wiped off the map"
with the implication that phrase has of Nazi-style extermination of a
people. He said that the occupation regime over Jerusalem must be
erased from the page of time.

Again, Ariel Sharon erased the occupation regime over Gaza from the
page of time.

http://www.juancole.com/2006/05/hitc...-hitchens.html

I suppose they must have gotten the message on their banner behind
their head on CNN News wrong. I remember the banner being black, and
then in bad English saying "Israel should be wiped out the world!"
Yeah, I imagine they didn't mean to say that in plain English either you
Benedict Arnold!

--- Tracer Bullet

http://www.calvin-und-hobbes.com/chsons22.jpg