Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dougie Nisbet

Default Creating a replacement section of skirting board - can't findsize off-the-shelf

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Replace the skirting in the smallest room with todays type and use the old
skirting to replace the bits that are missing in other rooms. :-)

What a splendid idea! Infact, thanks to everyone for all the useful

First I'll rip up the skirting board that's around the bath and use that
to patch the bit I want to do in the short term (carpet is being fitted
next week and so time is short). Then I'll see what's left in the
bathroom (which is getting redone at some point anyway) and see if I can
salvage what's there to repair the other bits that are missing in the
bedroom. Or I might just scrap the bedroom skirting and start again. But
your idea, so blindingly obvious that I'm going to pretend to people I
thought of it :-) solves my short term problem.

cheers,

Dougie