Posted to sci.electronics.repair
LeChuck

Default Samsung service menu problem

On 2006-05-21 03:13:53 -0700, "JANA" said:

It is possible for you to lock out the initialization of some of these
sets. The Samsung sets are normally set up with an external interface.
The type depends on the models series. Take the set to an authorized
Samsung dealer to have the EPROM firmware initialization re-set.

It seems an EEPROM for that TV costs about $6. If changing it would fix
the problem maybe I could just go ahead and do it myself, but what are
the chances of it being actually the problem? I actually did not enter
the "EEPROM" submenu in the service menu.