Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Samsung service menu problem

It is possible for you to lock out the initialization of some of these sets.
The Samsung sets are normally set up with an external interface. The type
depends on the models series. Take the set to an authorized Samsung dealer
to have the EPROM firmware initialization re-set.

--

JANA
_____

LeChuck wrote in message
ng.com...
Hello,

I'm wondering is someone can help with this issue. I was unfortunately
going through the service menu of my Samsung TX-R2435 (to see if I
could find any hint of a "wide" mode, which is advertised everywhere
for this TV, which I bought used) when I hit an option that I shouldn't
have touched. Actually I didn't think it was a command but an access to
a sub-menu. Anyway, it was called "bus stop" and what it did is
actually deactivate all controls in the TV (as well as the service menu
itself). I had to unplug it to get it to turn off. Now, when I try to
turn it on again, the light goes green as normal but then turns off
after one second and the TV remains blank (it does "charge up"). I have
tried leaving it unplugged for 4 hours but it didn't reset anything
apparently. It's as if it is locked into a perpetual state of going on
stand-by.

Does anybody have any idea on what is happening and how to fix it.

Thanks!