Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Default hard drive test

As posted, the replacment board must be from exactly the same model and
series hard drive. Replacing it is a matter of removing hte mounting
hardware and swapping the physical pc board from the know good drive to the
one in question. Probably 50 - 70- % success in doing so if the antistatic
procedures are followed.
"mobile" wrote in message
. com...
thanks for all the replies,
this is what information I am looking for, is how to replace the
controller board. and where do I find instructions of how to replace the
board. this information is not vital, I just want to see how to fix the
drive or not, but not at the recovery prices from the drive repair places.

thanks to all for the insight.

"RichK" wrote in message

"mobile" wrote in message

I have a couple of hard drives that may be good, and only have a bad
controller chip. how do I test and how do I replace or send it to
somebody
who can. thanks

I have been able to buy the same model on e-bay and replace the
controller
bd. Worked fine. Mine was a 30GB Maxtor.

Rich