Roy

Default LP tank valve removal UPDATE

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:04:21 GMT, David A. Webb
wrote:

===On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:42:08 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:
===
===David A. Webb writes:
===
=== First, LP gas is more dense than air. It isn't going to leave the tank
=== of it's own free will.
===
===You need to learn about diffusion.
===
===
===Okay, I'll concede that if I left the tank valve open long enough, air
===would eventually replace ALL of the gas through diffusion. Between
===now and that point in time, there would be a point where the mixture
===would be explosive. However, the passageway through the valve is
===pretty small, and as I stated before , LP vapor is heavier than air.
===With the tank all but sealed, and no real movement of the vapor inside
===the tank, the diffusion would even slower than if something was
===stirring up the gas inside. Overall, the diffusion would be a very
===slow process.
===
===I will also concede that based on this, odds are the gas inside the
===tank wasn't 100% LP vapor as argued by a previous post. So was it
===99.9%? 95%? As stated, the LP vapor has to get down to 10% before it
===is explosive.
===
===So in reality, how long would it take for air to diffuse into the tank
===through the tiny valve opening, and replace 90% of the LP vapor?
===
===Maybe in my lifetime, but certainly not overnight.
===
===Dave
===

How exactly did you determine it was at the concentration level you
stated?
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.