Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Wiring a new light switch

On Fri, 19 May 2006 02:07:29 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Damn!

Given that many other posters gave the same opinion, I guess I'm toast
unless I upgrade the wiring - and I'm not really keen on doing that....

So I will follow your suggestion and look for a motion detector switch.
If that gets me some $$ refunded as well, then that would be a good
thing too.

The ones I have seen need a neutral for the same reason the timer does.
Maybe some don't.

I have installed several motion-detector switches here, none of them
need a neutral. They have 2 wires (or 3 if it has ground). I want one
that uses a neutral.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com