Default Drilling strainless steel

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 02:40:04 GMT, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote:

In article , PAROADHOG
wrote:

I need to do some remodeling in a commercial kitchen that involves drilling a
lot of holes in stainless steel. I never realized the stuff is so hard to
drill
or so tough on drills. What drill speed should I be using and how much feed
pressure is best? TIA Clint

Buy a bunch of cobalt drill bits the right diameter.
Cobalt bits that small only cost about a $1 each
I buy bags of 10.

If the bits have ground spit tips then center punching is unnecessary.

If you need to centre punch to get good hole location grind your
punch to a three sided pyramid tip. The triangular indent gives the
drilltip something to bite on to cut through the work hardened layer.