jim

Default How to untarnish brass?

WF wrote:

I made a couple of brass cannons for Xmas and needed to make some
brass chain. I found that wrapping it around a small rod and splitting
the links with a Dremmel tool and cut off wheel, to be adequite.
However to wrap the brass rod efficiently, I needed to heat the rod
red to anneal it. Now that the chain is together, is there a solution
I can dip this in to untarnish it without any rubbing? I'm sure that
doing so will pull the chain apart. I tried to use emery clothe after
heating to clean it but it seemed to harden again. Any ideas?

try Louisiana Hot Sauce... found in the food,condiment isle of any food
store.... it will cut the tarnish off of a penny in about 2 minutes,
will probably cut the tarnish off of any metal...