Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Looking for electrical tubing

On Fri, 19 May 2006 18:44:54 GMT, "sheltech"
wrote:

Now that sounds like some interesting stuff . Intentions are a bit more
sophisticated than a twirled spring with a light fixture at the end.
It would be for sophisticated twirly things with small light fixtures at
the ends g.

curious individuals can see the sort of thing I'm thinking about adding
lighting elements to . http://www.sheltech.net (the lower right corner
will linik to the page with pix and artistic jibberjabber , the upper left
links to my mild-mannered -reporter -type business.

You want smaller - 3/32"? They make "hardline coax" for radio and
radar internal wiring and coiled-up delay lines - factory made tinned
copper tubing sheath with one conductor down the middle. Comes in big
coils, you will need a wire straightening jig to get straight
sections.

If you make your lighting system 12V "Class II Low Power" you can
use this for lights, but don't expect more than a few candlepower at
each terminus.

You would have to redesign your joint "arrows" to have a splice
point at the center.

-- Bruce --