Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ampdoc

Default Update on PTK195 and a request on pioneer SD-P55A3-K

"Jason D." wrote in message
Well,

Today was the up and close personal with the convergence amp board,
replaced all 10 220uF, 4 100uF, couple 330uF (6.3V). Tentatively
fixed since TV is still up for 45 minutes before I had to leave early
for bus for the day. Reason for this particular day was my nice
boss's 1992 3.0 MPV is in shop for rack replacement. I get a short
ride to bus stop daily so I don't have to change so many buses on that
particular evening, I had to do 4 bus changes.

This TV was working for years till caps dried up enough to stay
shutdown for good. That particular problem would had been done years
ago since Pioneers told shops to replace this convergence stuff if one
comes in for this reason LOOONG ago. This one was in service for long
time already and had problems unrelated to this second problem that
showed up after rebuilding the power/deflection board.

Oh, there is no LED in the location for the convergence stuff. BUT
there is LED *under* the DAC daughterboard and this is for vertical
circuit trip. This boggles me to hide this one. :-O

By the way, I have newer Pioneer that's is now ours, needs caps so
I'll know what to do with that one. Whoo hoo.

With closing comment, be prepared to spend time with these, give 2-3
hours minimum and at least 30 caps on both deflection/power and
convergence boards. Quicker to ESR them in one pass and use permanent
mark those duff ones. Solder, solder throughly!

All 10 220uF 35V reads appox "22" on bob parker's ESR meter and couple
100uF for the input side of +/- 5V regulators reads "1", others were
due for swapping so this got done.

Stay tuned!

Cheers, Wizard

Lol I knew there was an LED on the thing somewhere.

Hope it works out for you

Jammy