WF

Default How to untarnish brass?

I made a couple of brass cannons for Xmas and needed to make some
brass chain. I found that wrapping it around a small rod and splitting
the links with a Dremmel tool and cut off wheel, to be adequite.
However to wrap the brass rod efficiently, I needed to heat the rod
red to anneal it. Now that the chain is together, is there a solution
I can dip this in to untarnish it without any rubbing? I'm sure that
doing so will pull the chain apart. I tried to use emery clothe after
heating to clean it but it seemed to harden again. Any ideas?