Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default pull cord dimmer that doesn't leak ?

In article ,
SoWeezy wrote:
What sort of transformer for the LV lights? Electronic or normal? If
electronic, changing to a wound one one should do it (but make sure
it's suitable). Or add a relay. The fan voltage sensor must have a
high input impedance so is sensing at near zero current.

transformers are electronic, but the fan isn't on a transformer, it's
240v the switch isn't suitable for wound transformers

The problem isn't with the fan as such but the high input impedance of the
electronic transformer. A wound transformer would shunt the leakage from
the dimmer to neutral. A suitable resistor across the electronic
transformer input might well do the same thing.

--
*I'm pretty sure that sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.