Dave Plowman

Default Dimmers For Low Voltahe Halogens

In article ,
The Question Asker wrote:
So OK, how am I meant to know if I have a electronic transformer, or an
iron corded one. The light set came with 3 halogens with a transformer,
will it say on the transformer if it is electronic or not, and where do
u recommend I buy a inductance dimmer?

A dimmer suitable for a transformer will work ok with a resistive load -
although it's more expensive. Any electrical wholesaler should have them -
as do some of the sheds.

The lighting set should say what dimmer is needed and whether it is
suitable for dimming.

LV transformers are usually round and heavy. Electronic, or SMPS types,
are usually rectangular and light.

--
*The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn