Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck

Default Seeking adivce buying/building metal lattice-style trellis

Greetings all!

I just put a deck on my house that comes off the house about 5 feet
above a lower deck, and so now I want to fill in the rougly 5 ft high
gap between the two decks with some kind of lattice panels up which I
can grow vines.

I have been looking online and in catalogs for metal trellises, but
they tend to have arched or otherwise shaped tops which wouldn't work
too well for my purposes. What I would really like to find are panels
just like the regular "rectangular-with-diagonal-slats" panels you can
easily find at hardware stores, but in metal (preferably rust-colored)
rather than wood.

So if anyone knows where I can find such a product, thanks for the
info! However, if I can't find a pre-made version of what I want, I
will probably try to build what I want; regarding that possibility,
does anyone know where I can order strips or "metal slats" that I can
cut to my own needs?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Chuck