Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Wiring a new light switch

"Goedjn" wrote in message

Well, the Eagle Electric brand for sure does not need the neutral --
I've installed several and none of them had both hot and neutral in the
switch box. Their drawing calls for the black to go to the hot and the
red & brown to be nutted and connected to the load and the green to go
the ground. Works fine every time for me. Who knows, they might be using
the ground lead to provide the little bit of "neutral" current needed --
probably wouldn't meet code but I've not checked it out.

If they've got any brains at all, they're just trickling the working
current down through the light, and it's just not enough to light it.

Okay, why couldn't you do the same with the timer switch?