Posted to alt.home.repair

Default concrete anchors for railings

Hi:

I am in the process of installing vinyl covered aluminum railing on my
concret patio. I need to dill 4 holes per steel post and use some sort
of (at least) 3/8' type anchor at 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 length.

My question is what is the best type: wedge, sleeve, or tapcon. I came
across some large (3/8") tapcon bolts at a busy beaver near my home. I
have used the tapcon screws to install cabineys in my garage and they
seem to hold a lot of weight and they can be removed leaving only a
hole to fill if one makes a mistake (which I often do). Are the bolts
sufficient for my use or one of the other typs?

thx