Posted to alt.home.repair
markansas859

Default a true horror story

Richard Thoms wrote:
This could turn into an interesting thread.

Who's had the worst luck??

Not to make light of those who've run accross these problems but it
makes you realize that "it could be worse!"

my moms house was built in 1957....... around 1992, we had a leak in the
wall under the kitchen sink.

I called in a plumber friend of mine...... and he removed the paneling under
the sink

the copper hot water pipe (3/8 inch or so), was "bent" to get around a 2x4
cross stud in the wall............ eventually the "venturi" effect around
that rough bend , deteriorated the pipe, and started a leak

--
"this is the beginning of the way its gonna be..... "
Pontiac Motor Division, general Motors Corporation