Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby

Default Extreme Moss!

Matt wrote:
Hello:
Sorry if this has been discussed already - I can't find it. Anyway..

I have a new house with 80% moss, 20% grass. What's the best way to get rid
of the moss? Raking or Fertilizer with Moss Control? Anything else?

Moss (and mushrooms) doesn't like sweet soil (pH 7). I've had good
luck applying real lime (not the pelletized limestone available big box
stores). It is really dusty but works quickly.

I've heard there is a new product call pHPlus but I haven't been able to
find it. Supposedly one gallon of it will do 5000 sqft and costs only
$30, only twice what lime would cost. It is applied with a hose end
sprayer.