Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Default hard drive test

If you want to test them to see if they work get a usb case, install them,
and hook them up to an operating computor. If the drives are in working
order the operational system will acknowledge them and allow you to look at
the contents, once you can view the contents then ou have acess to recover
it yourself. If they are dead then recovery means will be necessary, at
irrational fees.
"RichK" wrote in message

"mobile" wrote in message

I have a couple of hard drives that may be good, and only have a bad
controller chip. how do I test and how do I replace or send it to
somebody
who can. thanks

I have been able to buy the same model on e-bay and replace the controller
bd. Worked fine. Mine was a 30GB Maxtor.

Rich