Posted to rec.woodworking
henry

Default Downes & Reader lumber truck hits and kills cyclist

_"I_ ride as courteously as legally as possible (I try to drive, walk,
and fly that way too... G), but folks who think I'm supposed to stay
on the sidewalk when I'm using my bicycle AS TRANSPORTATION really get
my dander up."

Here in Northampton MA you would actually get warned the first time
riding your bike in town on a sidewalk. Pedestrians cross the very busy
road without looking at crosswalks because they have the first right of
way then bikes than cars. Yes the town police on there bikes are riding
in the lanes that others have questioned.Yes I break some laws when
riding my bike. Yes I break some laws when driving my car at 74 mph in
65 zone on highways. But I do believe in respect. I ride the white line
to avoid the potholes and winter sand etc.I yield to pedestrians when
on a bike and yield to bikes when in a car.