Posted to rec.woodworking
Pig

Default Downes & Reader lumber truck hits and kills cyclist

Ignornace, I think not. I've yet to see bicyclists obey the "rules" of
the road, especially, as I noted earlier, by not passing on the right
and by obeying red lights. If a bicyclist is truly using the road like
"any other slow-moving vehicle" then perhaps licenses should be issued
and tickets given - but I've never seen that happen, expect perhaps
only for DWI on a bicycle (yes, in NJ it's happened) in extreme
circumstances. And yes, the bicyclist is supposed to keep to the
right, and frankly every time I have been subject to 3 or 4 across
cyclists who INTEND to block the road they should be ticketed and the
bicycles siezed, because as far as I am concerned they are a traffic
nusiance and a danger to themselves, and others. Keeping to the right
is one of the "rules of the road" and in my experience with groups of
riders not honored.

I'm not suggested you are one of the violaters, frankly you strike me
as one who is thoughtful about your choice of transportation, but some
of your brethern should perhaps pay a little more attention to the laws
before they kill themselves or others with their actions.

Mutt