Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Default Mismatched floorboard thicknesses

Cicero wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message
Went to my Wickes the other day for a pack of 5" T&G floorboards
to do some patchwork repairs to the floor following some
plumbing escapades: however it emerges that the new ones are
17-18 mm thick compared to 20-21 mm for the old ones. I'm
presuming both are nominally 0.75"?

Should I be able to get thicker boards, or are these new ones
now the 'norm'? It's a right PITA: the thickness difference is
definitely enough to be noticeable on the floor, and also the
T's and G's don't match up either.

If I do have to use these, I'm trying to think what I could use
as packing? It's too small a gap for any form of plywood or
hardboard.

David

Cut strips from vynil floor tiles and lay them across the joists.

strips of 4mm hardboard, glued to top of joists.