Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Aldi Sat Nav for £150

On Fri, 19 May 2006 19:02:29 +0100, Mike Dodd
wrote:

Read the survey of SatNav in (I think) the Telegraph on Saturday, not
for me!

Hmmm, didn't read that, but I know I can rely on TomTom to get me to
where I need to be far easier than paper maps. But you do have to have a
backup for when things go wrong (hmmm, memories of tearing around
Nerviano (Italy) looking for a company when I'd left the GPS receiver
turned on overnight, and had forgotten to bring the charger).

Garmin GPS V .. takes 4 AA's (I normally use 2300mA NiHM) .. Duracells
found in petrol stations worldwide and 20 hour battery life .. ;-)

And no stupid "Scott Scott" TV adverts .. !

All the best ..

T i m