Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Craftsman hedge trimmer replacement

On Thu, 18 May 2006 21:58:51 -0500, "Rob Mills"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message news
I bought a craftsman "heave duty hedge trimmer" that has been awful. It

says it can cut through 3/4 stems,

That's the size of a broom stick and would beat any hedge trimmer to death.
We have had husky electrics and gas powered (Echo) ones and I wouldn't
subject any of them to that. You need a pair of manual loppers or a chain
saw for the big stuff. RM~

Well, the black and decker 24" hedge trimmer (#HS2400) claims
it can cut 3/4" stems. Since they're claiming a "patented blade
design", I'm guessing that it saws through them like an electric
carving knife, rather than chopping them like a sickle-bar...
whoops, nope. I just zoomed in on the photo. It *IS* a
light-duty chainsaw, or something very similar.