Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Hard Grass

Corinne wrote:

Thank you. I will do that.

This is tucked into some very lush and green lawn. I bought this house
a year ago, and the lawn has come a long way. I just need to get rid
of a few patches of this hard grass.

Hopefully, what is recommended will not kill everything, but just the
hard grass.

Thanks.

I have used Roundup and an old paint brush to get really tough stuff
without having to dig and damage the healthy stuff nearby. Roundup
spray is great as long as it doesn't drift onto desireable plants; best
done on a calm day. Paint brush for areas too small for spray. Works
best on stuff that is growing more actively and has tender shoots - can
cut back some larger weeds, wait for them to sprout new shoots and then
hit it with Roundup. May take a repeat a week or two later, but
persistance helps. It doesn't always act as quickly as expected, but I
have never used it on anything that wasn't eventually eliminated.

wrote:

If you sprayed it with a grass-- herbicide- I would think it would do
the trick. Ortho use to have a product--Veg Kill" that if you sprayed
it on it would kill any and evrything. But am not sure if it is still
available. Talk to your local garden shop.