Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Day

Default Florida "Rosewood"

Probably not -- how big are your poieces? And what does it lok like?

-- Andy

It's ordinarily a small tree, but I have one 'chunk' that is maybe 8"
diameter...It is a VERY heavy, hard wood with mottled browns and some
almost gold areas, rather like Desert Ironwood. When polished, it
glows with swirls and figures....light, almost yellow sapwood that is
harder than most regular heartwoods. Unlike Desert Ironwood, it has
almost no odor, though it is dusty to turn. The pieces I have are full
of checks, worm holes and fissure, as they were dead salvage pieces,
but it just gives them character.

So far, I have not seen a turned piece other than my own. I'll see
if I can post a picture when I get back from a weekend trip.