Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo

Default Ladder stand-off?

On Thu, 18 May 2006 18:45:33 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Had a look at my "Superior Standoff" (oo-er, missus) today. When in
use, the front edge of the ladder will be held 545mm away from the wall,
measured at the top of the device. Also, it holds the ladder at 20 deg
from the vertical (that's fixed, assuming the tray is horizontal), so
Pythagoras should be able to enlighten you whether it will clear your
soffits.

Pics of it on the mfr's website at:
http://www.haxnicks.co.uk/direct/det...p?ProductID=32

Thanks for the info - I think I am leaning (20deg) towards this model - the web
site shows more detail than the screwfix picture.
I have considered the suggestions about DIY construction but my attempts are
usually "over-engineered" 2 inch handy-angle contraptions and I dont fancy the
weight at the end of a 20 foot ladder.

Geo