stuart noble

Default Screwfix tablesaw and customer service

Grunff wrote in message ...
About 9 months ago I bought the cheap (£40) Screwfix Ferm 8"
tablesaw (19146). I don't like buying cheap tools, but I'd never
owned a table saw before, and wasn't sure whether it would be a
tool I use a lot.

For those of you not familiar with it, it has a 720W induction
motor. Has a stated cutting capacity of 43mm.

I've used it maybe a dozen times so far - not a dozen cuts, many
cuts per time, cutting nothing thicker than 1", and mostly soft
pine.

Today the motor pretty much died - it still runs, but delivers
very little torque.

Sounds like the belt is knackered or too loose.