Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Solar water heating and combi boilers

On Wed, 17 May 2006 20:05:09 GMT someone who may be John Stumbles
wrote this:-

Who said anything about this being an either/or question?

I did, above. I said that it would make more sense to replace an
inefficient boiler with a high-efficiency one than install solar water
heating and keep the dinosaur. Do you agree?

That depends on the situation. For example, if someone was able to
run an old boiler for a few more years and then install a micro CHP
unit I suspect that would be better for the environment.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh