Bill Cotton

Default Leaves, leaves everywhere; how to fix my rake.

(Wwj2110) wrote in message ...
Raking leaves in the autumn is like ****ing into the wind. Wait till spring &
you just have to do it once. If you have worn out your rake, you're probably
spending too much time with it.

Bill

In article , chem says...

...You guys complicate things too much Always looking for a
reason to use your lathes and mills and such ...

I often think of this post in a thread subject "How can I face 1/2 of
a coin?" as I use my machine center to do things like rewind string
trimmer. But for this thread about replacing a rake, I just have to
share my problem solving of getting the leaves from the vacuum to the
yard paper bag. Picture on my web page, are thumbnails links to an
expanded metal insert for the leaf vacuum and an extension for my edge
clippers
http://www.billcotton.com/Private_url.htm
The insert is taped nor but I see a weld job later, the extension was
a mill job.
I find that my Black and Decker lawn mower will mulch the leaves or
fill the rear baggier. The rear baggier is the correct size to empty
in to the yard bag, about 8 fills. I also used my B&D blower/vacuum.
The shoulder bag is about dozen fills and hard to remove through the
zipper open.
I have the hose and trash can boot attachment but getting the leaves
from the trashcan to the bag is messy. My first thought was to get a
trashcan small enough to fit inside the bag and then cut the bottom
out. I had a length of 2 foot expanded medal rolled into a circle to
protect a houseplant. This coil happens to fit inside the yard bag. I
rolled a lip at the top and place the bad in my yard wagon and is able
ton fill the bag completely. The coil comes out easily and is inserted
is a new bag with the bonnet still attached. No machines used yet;
Seven-foot high 3 feet wide hedge, I made a handle from ¾ pvc pipe and
u-bolts to hold the hedge clipper parallel and in front of me. Picture
here;
The clipper
Other shop projects are at
http://www.billcotton.com/bicycle_electric.htm and