Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Andrew Barss

Default Florida "Rosewood"

Bill Day wrote:

:
:My god. A place where rosewood is a trash tree.
:
:
: -- Andy Barss, in southern AZ
: Andy....do you ever see "Arizona Rosewood"...Vauquelinia
: californicia..? There's a tree I'd love to have as trash.

Never heard of it, but I just looked it up on the Web. I
think I've seen ti around. It's listed as an alternative
to oleander for landscaping. Oleander is really common here --
I and my neighbor have a half dozen 15-20' tree/shrubs of it.
It's deadly poisonous, so it'd be nice to have something else that
grows as well.

I just
: turned one of my few peices yesterday. (I live in Maryland, and got it
: from someone who thought they were getting Desert Ironwood, so traded
: it to me)......I gather it's unusual to find it large enough to do
: much with.

Probably not -- how big are your poieces? And what does it lok like?

-- Andy