Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default supporting 12 AWG wire run between block and 2x4 walls.

In article , "Steve Barker LT" wrote:
That's why i said "i'm not sure". Cause I DID NOT KNOW. Thanks for the
input.

If you've been following the thread, you should have seen my earlier post that
quoted the relevant section of the Code to demonstrate that no support is
needed.

Of course, there's also the larger question of why you would suggest something
that you weren't sure would meet Code.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...
In article , "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:
Take short pieces of 2x4 and nail them TO the 2x4 studs in such a manner
that they touch the block wall. There, you have created a shelf for the
wire to lay on. I'm not sure this will pass code inspection though.

Why would it not pass Code inspection? Code doesn't require *any* support
in this situation.

--
Regards,