Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default FS -- Clausing Lathe in Portland Oregon (0/1)

According to niteviewer :
Some pictures can be seen at:
http://portland.craigslist.org/tls/161990819.html

O.K. Not the same model as mine.

It looks to have a L-00 spindle nose, based on what I can see of
the chuck retaining ring in the first image. If so, then it can be
fitted with the necessary hardware to handle 5C collets in the spindle
nose.

It appears to be missing the cover for the outboard side of the
headstock.

You should be able to find the model number and the serial
number on the right hand "foot" of the bed. This will probably require
cutting the band and cranking the carriage to the left a bit.

The model number will be helpful in identifying it to potential
purchasers. The serial number will be helpful when it comes time to get
a manual from Clausing.

I *guess* that Tigard is in Washington state (given the
"portland" as part of the URL. Too far from the Washington (DC) near
which I live. :-)

I'm not sure, but it looks as though the ways are too far apart
to accept my tailstock (or my bed turret, which came with my lathe). If
it is truly a 13 or 14 inch lathe, it probably would not fit, as mine is
a 12" lathe.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564