Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

Default Using diamond core drills wet

On 18 May 2006 15:21:34 -0700, wrote:

Are you sure you cant put one pump on top of the other with the outlets
offset and use the existing hole?
One pump runs but if the water is fast rising and overwhelms it or if
it fails the other kicks in.

Unfortunately the sump isn't deep enough for that either. The replacement sump
is going to be deeper, wider and longer than the one I made originally. I was
tempted to just fill the whole lot up with concrete, but since the floor is
18" below the local water table in summer I would rather not take the risk...
don't live or build a workshop with a cellar halfway down a hill on a clay
soil with bands of gravel in it :-(

Mark Rand
RTFM