Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark and Gloria Hagwood

Default Question on getting all that hot air out of our garage and atticthis summer

Jim Nugent wrote:
In ,
Don wrote:

I hear what you're saying. I'm not sure I want to sift through a boat
load of blown in insulation looking for soffits.

This is an aside, but something you might want to consider.
When you install soffit vents and have blown insulation,
the insulation might very well block the necessary airspace
between the roof deck and double plate. I've seen this
frequently, including my own home. The problem is easier to
solve than you'd think. In my case, I used an air hose,
connected to my compressor, to blow the insulation back from
the airspace, but have also seen it done with a leaf blower.
In fact, it's not even necessary to remove the vent screen
in most instances.

Mark