Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Tom The Great

Default RadonSeal doesn't work for me...

On 17 May 2006 04:38:30 -0700, wrote:

I have a new house, it's now almost two years old. Last year I bought
RadonSeal to waterproof my basement. I applied a number of coats
carefully to all parts of the concrete floor and walls. Well, we had
some record rainfall this week here in Boston and I've had 3 inches of
water come into my basement every day. I can see timy bubbles coming
out of the concrete. Is it gases trapped in the concrete or some
chemical reaction?

Anyhow, I'd love to hear about a real sealant that works.

Sometimes addressing the source of water is quickest way to help
minimize water intrusion. Is the water coming up from floor level, or
through seams in the wall?

Well before you get the chance to answer, these steps have been told
to me to be best at helping a damp basement.

1. Grad your soil away from your foundation.
2. Clean gutters, or fix them, if overflowing.
3. Direct down spouts serveral feet away, and down hill from yoru
foundation.

hth,

Tom @
www.Consolidated-Loans.info