Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default What's it called?

RBM wrote:
If you do get a solenoid valve, make sure to get one that operates on 12
volts, but in the real world, the anti bark collar would work better

"Steve B" wrote in message

I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a
button, the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose.
When I let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut
off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find
one?

Steve

Go to the lawn irrigation section of Home Depot or Lowes. They sell a
series of electrically operated solenoid valves that can be adapted to
garden hose use (normally attached to rigid PVC pipe)